Take the pledge and commit a daily debt defying act till your debt is gone.
1. Evaluate every purchase. Is it a want or a need? If it’s a need, ask yourself, how much do I need and when do I need it. If it’s a want, postpone it until your cash flow can easily meet your needs.
2. Seek independent advice. Get second opinions. Ask for quotes. Never bank alone.
3. Try saving even if it’s only a tiny bit at a time. The more you save now, the less you need to save later. It’s not about the amount, it’s about the commitment.
4. Resist reward. Sometimes the best efforts to save are undone by a moment of weakness. Stay strong.
5. Avoid envy. Protect yourself from the culture of excess.
6. Maintain what you’ve got. Your home, your car, your assets, yourself. Neglect is a form of debt.
7. Be fearless and think big. You’re going to need to believe in yourself.